Medium Risk Training (2 Days)City & Guilds Confined Spaces
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to work safely within low and medium risk confined spaces.
- Confined Space Hazards
- Categories of Confined Space
- Safe Systems of Work
- Confined Space Equipment
- Gas Detection
- Practical Assessment
- Written Assessment
- Legislation relating to confined spaces
- Understanding the classifications between different confined spaces
- Principles of confined space hazards
- Risk assessment awareness for confined spaces
- Permit to work system principles
- Using tools and equipment safely
- Atmospheric monitoring procedures and principles
- Safe procedures at work
- Preparation for entry, working and exiting low risk confined spaces
- Confined space hygiene principles
- Understanding and dealing with confined space emergencies.
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to work inside a low or medium risk confined space and ensures that delegates have the knowledge to remain safe at all times when doing so.
A medium risk confined space is defined as a space where there may be an access issue to the space. Examples includes a tank, manhole, utility duct, subway tunnel, wet well or other hard-to-access environments.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (50%)
- Practical Assessment (50%)