Confined Space Rescue TrainingConfined Space Training Courses
This Confined Space Rescue training course allows participants carry out a team rescue from a confined space location. The course includes theory and practical training and looks at assessment of the incident location, preparation for a rescue and retrieval of the casualty. Competency assessment includes a team rescue practical exercise.
- Legislation and Code of Practice relevant to Confined Space Rescue
- Methods of Communication
- Safe Systems of Work
- Recap on the use of portable gas monitoring equipment
- Recap on Full Breathing Apparatus bench checks
- Calculating the working duration of different cylinders
- Understanding the role of a BA Controller
- Equipment required for a rescue team
- Emergency Procedure Plan including the requirements of a rescue team
- Emergency procedures and Rescue techniques
- Emergency CPR and First Aid resuscitation equipment
- Quickly and efficiently assess a confined space incident area
- Plan and set up for a team rescue
- Safely rescue a casualty from a confined space
- Understand the requirement for resuscitation and use of first aid equipment
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
Persons who have successfully completed our CS05 (or equivalent course) and may be required to enter a confined space to carry out the rescue of a casualty or casualties.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland certificate in Confined Space Rescue.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Assessment (60%)