Working at Height Instructor, PPE InspectorInstructor Courses
Our Working at Height Instructor Course has been developed over the past 15 years and is the No.1 Course in Ireland for User Training and Personal Fall Equipment (PPE) Inspection. It is attended by all of Ireland's top Construction and Service Company Professionals for both it's Train the Trainer and Equipment Inspection modules.
Module 1 of the course brings Trainers through the training delivery requirements for workers using Harness & Lanyard systems where collective protective measures cannot be employed. The module reviews the content of our user training package and the key safety requirements that workers must understand are explained and demonstrated.
Module 2 delivers the skills required for equipment Selection, Inspections and Thorough Examinations in order to comply with Regulation 119 of the SHWW General Application Regulations, Part 4: Work at Height. This trains competent professionals to maintain records and sign off the GA1 for this range of equipment.
Module 1 - Train the Trainer (User Training Package)
- Relevant Legislation Including Part 4: Work At Height
- Regulation 112: Fall Arrest Systems & Reg. 113: Work Restraint Systems
- Working at Height Systems
- Types of Equipment & Fall Factors
- Fall Arrest Vs. Fall Restraint
- Selecting, Fitting & Using Equipment
- Equipment Care, Inspection & Records (GA3)
- Emergencies & Suspension Syncope
- Practical Demonstration of Systems
Module 2 - Equipment Inspection
- Regulation 119: Inspection of work equipment
- Harnesses Systems & the Correct Inspection Procedures
- Restraint Systems & the Correct Inspection Procedures
- Fall Arrest Systems & the Correct Inspection Procedures
- FibreDamage, Contamination, Wear & Tear.
- Equipment Life Expectancy
- GA1 Inspection & Thorough Examination Records
Holland Trainer Profile
This course is delivered by our Resident Working at Height Expert who possesses a wide range of Industrial Experience and knoweledge with Fall Arrest, Restrain and Rope Access Working at Heights Systems in addition to the Recreational Climbing Training. He has a proven track record in the design of safe work systems for working at height scenarios and is proficient in webbing and rope fibre inspection techniques, the key materials used in Harness & Lanyard manufacturing and the most likely to fail.
What You Receive
In addition to Quality Assured Certification following course completion, all delegates will receive our user training program including PowerPoint Presentation, Course Notes, Template Assessments, Marking Sheets and Exam Question Paper.
Continued Customer Relationship
All course attendees are assured of ongoing support following their training. Each will have access to our inspection documentation and recording systems and ongoing free advice form our team on any challanges they may face during training delivery or equipment inspections.
This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content. Delegates must be familiar with working at height equipment and ideally have experience delivering training.
Trainers who wish to deliver Working at Height training for Workers using Harness and Lanyard Systems and Construction Professionals who are required to carry out Inspections and Thorough Examinations of Fall Protection Equipment.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive Holland Academy Certification as a Working at Height Instructor and PPE Equipment Inspector valid for 5 years.
- Written Assessment (MCQ's).
- Harness Fitting Assessment
- Equipment Inspections Assessment