VDU Assessor & ErgonomicsInstructor Courses
This programme provides training for employees wishing to become proficient in the identification of hazards and the assessment of risks as they relate to VDU workstations.
- Ergonomics and Anthropometrics
- An introduction to the relationships between the individual, the task, the environment and the work equipment
- Legal requirements
- Discussion on Irish and European legislation pertaining to VDUs
- Perceived and real hazards of VDU work
- Principles and aims of assessment
- Assessment Techniques.
- Understand the requirements of the General Application Regulations 2007
- Understand the factors that constitute an assessment
- Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout
- Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations
- Carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on the methods of work.
This course can be delivered at a client company venue if required.
This course is ideal for those that need the knowledge and skills to identify hazards and risk of VDU stations and set up an ergonomic workplace.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in VDU/Ergonomics Assessor which is valid for 3 years.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment