Roof Access Systems (Fire Brigades)Working at Heights Courses
This bespoke course provides Fire and Emergency Services Personnel with competency assessment training on the Holland Roof Access System (RAS) covering Personal Fall Arrest and Chimney Access on flat or sloping roof surfaces.
- Legislation Governing Working at Heights
- The make-up of the Rescue Equipment
- Limitations of the selected Rescue Equipment
- How the equipment is designed to be used
- The need for suitable and reliable anchorages
- Pre-use Inspections
- Risk Assessment prior to commencing work
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Examination, Care and Maintenance of Equipment
- Practical setup and use exercises.
- Understand the hazards from working at height
- Setup the Holland Chimney Access Personal Fall Arrest System
- Safely use the Holland System.
Candidates are advised to bring standard PPE to this course (hard hat, safety boots, hi vis vest).
Fire Brigade Personnel, Local Authority Workers, Chimney Repair Workers who require a short duration personal fall arrest system for roof access.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Roof Access System.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment