QQI Manual Handling Instructor (Level 6)Manual Handling Courses
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge, skill and confidence to design and deliver manual handling instruction in the workplace.
- Legislative requirements
- Manual Handling management
- Back Care
- Ergonomic principles
- Risk assessment
- Planning and design of manual handling training programmes
- Delivery of manual handling training
- Assess the relevant danger or safety of manual handling tasks
- Recommend preventative measures which can reduce the risk of injury
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Identify ergonomic risks and recommend control measures
- Instruct others on the theory and techniques of safe manual handling.
Candidates are advised that this course involves preparation of a practical presentation and assignment.
This course is ideal for those that need to train others in manual handling in their workplace.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a QQI Level 6 Certificate in Manual Handling Instruction.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (20%)
- Skills Demonstration (60%)
- Assignment (20%)