QQI Hand Held Pesticide Sprayer Course (Level 5)Fire, Pesticides & Chemical Courses
Understand different types of plant pests and to the best control measures required while complying with legislation and correct mixing, application and storage of pesticides.
- Why use pesticides?
- Methods of Pest Control
- Selection of suitable Pesticides
- Safe handling, storage, application and disposal of Pesticides
- Legislation that applies to Pesticides
- Equipment and components of a Hand-held Sprayer
- Health & Safety information: Labels, Markings and Safety Data Sheets
- Preparation and Calibration of a Hand-held Sprayer
- Mixing Pesticide Sprays
- Storing Pesticide Sprays, PPE & equipment
- Applying Pesticide Sprays.
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, and safety boots/wellingtons).
All users of professional pesticides (e.g. farmers, gardeners, council staff, horticulturalists) using hand held application equipment (i.e. knapsack sprayers) in relation to pest control as required by the Sustainable Use of Pesticide Regulations 2012 (S.I. 115/2012).
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hand Held Pesticide Application (5N0731)
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Assessment (60%)