Overseeing (Topman) (Non- Entrant) Medium Risk (2 Days)City & Guilds Confined Spaces
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to supervise safely around low and medium risk confined spaces.
- Confined space hazards
- Categories of confined space
- Safe systems of work
- Confined space equipment
- Gas detection
- Practical assessment
- Written assessment
- Legislation relating to confined spaces
- Understanding the classifications between different confined spaces
- Principles of confined space hazards
- Risk assessment awareness for confined spaces
- Permit to work system principles
- Atmospheric monitoring procedures and principles
- Safe procedures at work
- Preparation for supervising entry, working and exiting low risk confined spaces
- Confined space hygiene principles
- Understanding and dealing with confined space emergencies
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to supervise work inside a low or medium risk confined space and ensures that delegates have the knowledge to remain safe at all times when doing so.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces (Top Man)(Non-Entrant).
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (50%)
- Practical Assessment (50%)