Occupational first Aid (QQI Level 5) RefresherFirst Aid Courses
This training course will provide an understanding of the responsibilities of the occupational first aider and be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance. This course is provided for candidates who currently hold a valid Occupational First Aid Certificate. Participants attending the course will refresh their practical and theoretical knowlegde of how to competently deal with any situations that may arrise in the work place.
- Responsibilities of First Aider
- Patient Assessment
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies (Automatic External Defibrillator training)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock.
- Understand the role of Basic First Aid
- Carry out a Patient Assessment
- Deal with Respiratory Emergencies
- Attend to Wounds and Bleeding
- Care for musculoskeletal injuries, and treat burns, scalds, chemicals and electric shock.
Candidates are advised that this course involves a high level of practical training.
Operatives, line managers or supervisors, or persons involved in ensuring health and safety that may be required to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life and minimising injuries.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Occupational First Aid Refresher Certificate. Valid for two years.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (30%)
- Skills Demonstrations (70%)