Managing Work in Confined Spaces (4 Days)City & Guilds Confined Spaces
The aim is to provide an in-depth understanding of the legislation, elements of a Safe System of Work, equipment selection and inspection, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures.
- Legislation & Code of Practice
- Classification & Recognition
- Risk Assessment
- Safe Systems of Work
- Utilising Permits to Work
- Confined Space Equipment
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Emergency Planning
- Understand Confined Space and the Associated Legislation
- Understand the different types of Gaseous Atmosphere and gas monitoring equipment
- Develop a of Safe Systems of Work including Permit-to-Work Control Measures
- Distinguish what type of Personal Protection & Hygiene controls are required
- Note what Training is required for Staff and Contractors
- Understand the importance of Documentation and Records
Candidates are advised that this course involves group workshops on planning a confined space entry.
This course is ideal for those that need to gain knowledge and skills required to manage and supervise work in confined spaces.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a City and Guilds Certificate in Managing Work in Confined Spaces.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Workshops (60%)