IOSH ATEX Safety ManagementConstruction Management Courses
The ATEX Regulations contained in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 8, Explosive Atmospheres, requires employers to classify workplaces where explosive atmospheres may occur into either hazardous or non-hazardous area. Any places identified as hazardous must be classified into zones and specific prevention measures along with inspection and testing requirements detailed in the Regulations must be applied.
The course gives participants technical knowledge on ignition sources, flammability data and the basic principles of different types of protection including containment, separation, construction and design. The course aims to ensure participants:
- Understand what is required by law for ATEX installation
- Understand the documentation required to be ATEX Compliant
- Manage ATEX documents to ensure compliance with the requirements of the ATEX Directives.
- Understanding of the ATEX Directive
- Understanding of the SHWW (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 8 Explosive Atmospheres
- Be familiar with the legal requirements relating to ATEX compliance
- Understand gas and vapour explosion characteristics and dust explosion characteristics
- Be familiar with Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
- Be familiar ignition sources
- Know the considerations for equipment selection in explosive atmospheres
- Be familiar with explosive atmosphere risk assessments
- Appreciate explosion prevention, mitigation and control measures
- Be aware of equipment inspection and maintenance standards
- Gain an appreciation of Explosion Protection Documents (EPD’s)
Module 1 ATEX Legal Overview
Module 2 Managing Explosion Risks
Module 3 Gas & Vapour Explosion Characteristics and Dust Explosion Characteristics
Module 4 Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
Module 5 Ignition sources
Module 6 Equipment selection in explosive atmospheres
Module 7 Explosive atmospheres risk assessment
Module 8 Explosion prevention, mitigation and control
Module 9 Review content of an Explosion Protection Document (EPD)
Personnel involved in process safety, Engineers, Technicians, Managers, Electrical Trades and safety personnel.
Delegates who successfully pass the exam will be awarded Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Certification.
- Multiple Choice Question Paper