Forklift OperatorMEWP, Forklift & Power Tools
The aim of the course is to ensure that operators become competent in the safe use of Forklifts by gaining the required knowledge and skills.
- Legislation & Code of Practice
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection forklift stability
- Battery care / refuelling for battery /diesel, gas powered lift trucks
- Safe operation of a forklift truck:
- Load handling racking systems
- Irregular loads
- Vehicle loading
- Weight assessment.
- Understand the different types of forklift
- Understand the hazards of forklift use
- Demonstrate appropriate pre-use checks on a forklift and complete a checklist
- Maneuverer a forklift safely – raising, lowering loads and traversing appropriately.
This course can be delivered at a client company venue if required.
This course is required for those who operate Forklifts in the course of their work.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Forklift Operation. which is valid for 3 years.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (50%)
- Practical Assessment (50%)