Emergency Rescue Training (2 Days)City & Guilds Confined Spaces
This Confined Space Rescue training course allows participants carry out a team rescue from a confined space location. The course includes theory and practical training and looks at assessment of the incident location, preparation for a rescue and retrieval of the casualty. Competency assessment includes a team rescue practical exercise.
- Preparation for safe working in confined spaces in an emergency
- Exiting and entering confined spaces safely
- Preparation for use of breathing apparatus and using the apparatus in the confined space
- The use of rescue equipment
- Safe rescue and recovery of a casualty
- Safety procedures
- How to deal with emergencies
- Behaviour when carrying out emergency rescue and recovery
- Applying industry specific knowledge to given emergency situations
- Prepare to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use respiratory protective equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour when dealing with the Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from confined spaces
- Use appropriate industry knowledge when dealing with Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from confined spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for carrying out Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from confined spaces
Candidates are advised to bring standard PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
Persons who have successfully completed our City & Guilds High Risk (6150-03) training and may be required to enter a confined space to carry out the rescue of a casualty or casualties.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a City & Guilds Certificate in Emergency Rescue & Recovery of Casualties.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (50%)
- Practical Assessment (50%)