Confined Space Tunnel Entry (1 Day)City & Guilds Confined Spaces
This Confined Space Course is for candidates who work or want to work in the tunneling industry during tunnel and or shaft construction activities.
- Legislation and Code of Practice relevant to Confined Spaces
- Hazards involved in Tunnels and other Confined Spaces
- Risk Assessment and Controls
- Safe Systems of Work
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Selection and use of Equipment Emergency self-rescue procedures
- Be able to prepare to work safely in confined spaces in tunnels and shafts
- Be able to enter and exit tunnels and shafts safely
- Be able to use escape respiratory protective equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Be able to use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Be able to follow procedures and work safely
- Be able to deal with emergencies
- Understand procedures for working safely in tunnels and shafts
- Understand how to comply with relevant industry standards for working in tunnels and shafts
Candidates are advised to bring standard PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
Persons who are working as operatives, supervisors or otherwise involved in tunnel construction.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Tunnel Entry.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (50%)
- Practical Assessment (50%)