Confined Space (2 Day) c/w Escape & Working BAHolland Confined Space Courses
This training course allows participants to safety work in confined space locations including where the risk level may require the use of escape breathing apparatus for escape purposes or where full breathing apparatus are required to carry out the task.
- Legislation & Code of Practice
- Classifications of confined spaces
- onfined space hazards
- Safe Systems of Work
- Confined space equipment
- Gas detection
- Breathing apparatus
- Understand confined spaces regulations through legislation and associated hazards
- Understand how to recognise a confined spaces
- Identify the types of injuries associated with confined space
- Identify how confined spaces atmosphere’s can change
- Understand the importance of Pre-use checks on all equipment
- Develop a Safe System of Work
- Set-up and use various Gas Detectors
- Setup and use a tripod and winch for vertical access entry
- Understand when, where and how an Escape Breathing Apparatus should be used
- Understand working duration for breathable air cylinders and calculations for same
- Understand when, where and how a Working Breathing Apparatus should be used
- Use associated with PPE and FPE equipment for confined space entry.
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
The programme is designed for persons at any level that are required to enter confined spaces and may require the delegate to use escape breathing apparatus as a safe work system or working breathing apparatus to carry out the task.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland certificate in Confined Space with Escape & Full BA.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Assessment (60%)