Confined Space (1 Day) c/w Escape BAHolland Confined Space Courses
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to enter and work safely within low and medium risk confined spaces using escape set breathing apparatus.
- Legislation and ACoP relevant to Confined Spaces Working
- Recognition of confined spaces
- Dangers associated with confined spaces
- Appreciation of the different types of atmospheres
- Safe systems of work
- Use of gas detection equipment
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Use of escape breathing apparatus
- Use of tripod & winch
- Pre user checks
- Practical training exercise
Delegates should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).
Those who work in medium Risk Confined Spaces. Medium risk confined spaces exist when there are access issues.A realistic expectation of encountering a specified risk the possible introduction of a specified risk during the work activity and that breathing apparatus might not be possible be taken to the confined space. It will also not be possible to have a person permanently attached to a safety line and it can include a team entry which moves entry point e.g. man entry sewers utility services, subway tunnels, aqueducts and complex wet wells.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Ltd certificate in accordance with our quality assurance procedures.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Assessment (60%)