Authorised Gas Free CertifierHolland Confined Space Courses
This Authorised Gas Free Certifier course trains users in the operation and maintenance of portable gas detectors to act in certifying gas free areas to a standard equivalent to OPITO AGT Level 1.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements
- Risk assessments
- Safe systems of work and permits to enter
- Gases and their hazards
- Sampling considerations
- Theory and practice of gas detection and detectors
- Pre-entry testing
- On-going monitoring
- Interpreting and documenting results
- Understand Confined Space and the associated legislation
- Understand and recognise confined space hazards
- Understand the different types of gaseous atmosphere and gas monitoring equipment
- Understand differences between pre-entry and ongoing monitoring/testing
- Understand the importance of documentation and records.
There are no pre-requisites but experience in confined spaces or the oil and gas sector is essential.
This programme is designed for personnel preparing to work as Authorised Gas Testers and is required for those involved with performing a test for oxygen, flammable and toxic gases up to and including working in confined spaces.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Authorised Gas Free Certifier.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Workshops (60%)