ATEX Installation Inspection TrainingInstructor Courses
The ATEX Regulations contained in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 8, Explosive Atmospheres, requires employers to classify workplaces where explosive atmospheres may occur into either hazardous or non-hazardous areas. Any places identified as hazardous must be classified into zones and specific prevention measures along with inspection and testing requirements detailed in the Regulations must be applied.
- Understand the requirements of the ATEX Directive
- Understand the equipment selection criteria for the various zones
- Be competent to carry out inspections on ATEX installations in line with current standards
- Prepare inspection records in line with the requirements of current standards.
- General understanding of the ATEX Directive
- General understanding of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, Part 8 Explosive Atmospheres
- Be familiar with the legal requirements relating to ATEX compliance
- General understanding of gas and vapour explosion characteristics and dust explosion characteristics
- Be able to identify ignition sources
- Know the considerations for equipment selection in explosive atmospheres
- General understanding of explosion prevention, mitigation and control measures
- Be aware of equipment inspection and maintenance standards
- Carry out inspection and testing.
Module 1 ATEX Overview
Module 2 Equipment Selection and Installation (Non Intrinsically safe systems)
Module 3 Intrinsically safe systems - design and installation requirements
Module 4 Inspection and Testing
Workshop 1 Interpretation of the Explosion Protection Document and Hazardous area classification
Workshop 2 Equipment Selection
Workshop 3 Inspection and testing.
Personnel involved in process safety and sustaining operations who are responsible for inspections and testing in hazardous areas including E & I Engineers, Technicians, Managers and Electrical Trades.
Delegates who successfully complete the course passing all assessments will be awarded certification.
Theory & Practical Assessment
- Multiple Choice Question Paper on module 1 to 4.
- Practical competence assessment on workshops 1 to 3