Abrasive Wheels OperatorMEWP, Forklift & Power Tools
Provide participants with the knowledge, and skills to enable operative to use abrasive wheels safely including all aspects of the correct mounting, setting and use of abrasive wheels.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Identify the hazards associated working with abrasive wheels
- Evaluate the causes of abrasive wheels accidents
- Selecting & mounting
- Guarding of the grinding / cutting machines
- Dressing & turning the wheel
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Identify different types of abrasive wheel
- Explain the Hazards and Risks associated with abrasive wheels
- Explain correct storage and handling methods
- Demonstrate Inspection and Testing methods and techniques
- Identify Components used in mounting Abrasive wheels
- Demonstrate correct assembly, balance and fit methods
- Explain dressing / maintenance requirements
- Select suitable PPE
- Demonstrate Safe Working Practice/ Techniques.
This course can be delivered at a client company venue if required.
This course is ideal for those that need the knowledge and skills to operate abrasive wheels safely in the workplace.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Operation of Abrasive Wheels which is valid for 3 years.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment